You read the title correct! We now have the highly sought after 360Abyss Camera Rig back in stock! Don’t miss out on the best quality Underwater 360 VR rig on the market. Order today and we can even help you finance it!
- Houses 6 GoPro™ cameras in individual compartments for capturing fully spherical 360 video/ 360 photos
- Compatible with GoPro™ Hero3+, Hero4 Black, Hero4 Silver cameras
- 360RIZE® Bullet360 electronic boards for simultaneous camera control
- Magnetic trigger for turning cameras on/off underwater and firing camera shutters
- Automated audio sync buzzer to aid in frame sync in post-production
- Rated to 1,000 meters and certified to 500 meters with neutral buoyancy in salt water (slightly negative in fresh water)
- Output up to 8K (8,000 x 4,000 pixels) resolution 360 video
- Anodized 6061-T5 aluminum core housing for durability and to help prevent camera overheating
- 8 anodized aluminum threaded 3/8″ mounting points
- Polycarbonate optical domes offer a 360-degree crystal clear, seamless field of view underwater
- Unique remote triggering system offers ease of use for submarines, ROVs and many other industrial remotely controlled solutions
- Neutrally buoyant to 300m
*Kit does not include GoPro™ cameras or GoPro™ accessories
The 360Abyss™ has a crush depth of 1,000 meters (3,280.84 ft.). We suggest a 30% to 40% buffer to ensure rig and camera safety. Please note that pressure testing results may vary and suggested that when dealing with underwater equipment that its tested first to meet your requirements. Note that different doors can be purchased such as Polycarbonate doors and Anodized Aluminum doors which are effected your depth ratings.
Individual Camera Compartments
The housing is constructed from anodized aluminum and polycarbonate doors that produce a neutral buoyancy to depths of 984′ in salt water. Camera domes are constructed from a mixture of acrylic and polycarbonate for high-strength and optical clarity. Each camera is housed in an isolated individual compartment, meaning the event of a leak would only impact one camera.
Eight standard threaded 3/8″-16 corner mounts allow divers to connect the 360Abyss™ to a tripod or tray, while a 45° side mount attachment enables mounting to submarines, ROVs, and other underwater vehicles. The 360Abyss™, cameras, and accessories can be stored and transported safely in the included Pelican™ case with protective foam.
360Abyss™ v4 Optics: Correcting Lens Distortion
360RIZE® has solved the issue all multi-camera 360 video rigs face underwater: image distortion. When a camera is submerged underwater, it loses approximately 30 degrees of its field of view due to light bending as it passes through water. This presents a huge issue as the frame overlap between each camera in a 360 rig is greatly reduced underwater, making it impossible to have enough coverage to stitch a seamless 360 video.
The domes on the 360Abyss™ correct this lens distortion and provide a crystal clear image for each camera in the configuration while underwater. This makes it possible to stitch underwater 360 video footage with the same ease one would stitch spherical footage filmed above water. The dome’s unique composition allow them to be extremely durable while offering maximum clarity and resolution for capturing videos and photos.
Bullet360: Camera Control Underwater
Our underwater spherical camera systems solve the critical workflow challenge of operating multiple independent cameras underwater. The 360Abyss™ features the Bullet360 control board system which allows divers to simultaneously operate the housing’s six cameras in unison via a magnetic underwater switch.
When filming with multiple GoPro™ cameras at 120 frames per second (FPS), the Bullet360 board provides a universal sync that captures each individual camera’s recording within +/- 5 frames of each other. This technology presents itself as a more reliable and consistent camera syncing solution than wireless remotes relying on Wi-Fi. Triggering the Bullet360 via a magnetic remote switch not only turns cameras on/off and starts/stops recording, it also triggers a buzzer to provide an audio sync. These features were designed to help filmmakers achieving a close frame sync between each camera for the stitching process.
The 360Abyss™ features six built-in control boards with input and output ports that daisy chain each of the unit’s cameras together. Each camera’s individual compartment features a Bullet360 board with an exposed connection designed for the camera’s Hero port (located on the back of the camera).
Content filmed with the 360Abyss™ v4 system can be viewed with the Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear VR, Google Cardboard and the industry’s other leading virtual reality head mounted displays. 360 videos captured with this system can also be uploaded to YouTube™, Facebook™, videos.360heros.com, VRideo™ and other web-based 360-degree video hosting sites.
55mm Filter Compatibility
The 360Abyss™ v4 is compatible with 3rd party 55mm color-correction filters. These filters can be placed inside each of the system’s domes to restore hues that get absorbed beneath the surface to produce rich, natural-looking images. CY blue-water, GR green-water and SWCY shallow blue-water filters are available for specific environments.
360Abyss™ v4 Resources
360Abyss Product Key Features
Camera & microSD Card Compatibility
- The 360Abyss v4 is compatible with GoPro™ Hero3+ Black, Hero4 Silver, and Hero4+ Black cameras
- We recommend using SanDisk 32GB Extreme Plus microSD cards with the 360Abyss v4. During our team’s testing, these cards have been the most reliable and run into fewer issues than their 64GB counterpart
- 360Abyss™ Assembly
- Polycarbonate Doors
- Qty. 8 corner stand off mounts for dome protection (3/8″ threaded)
- Stand offs can serve as accessory mounting points with universal 1″ ends
- Magnetic wand for Bullet360 camera control
- 45-degree mount attachment for submarine and ROV compatibility
- 1 extra dome, o-ring kit
- 1560 Pelican™ case with custom water jet cut foam and Allen keys
- Size: 25cm x 25cm x 25cm
- Weight with cameras: 5 lb 12.4 oz. / 2.629 Kg
- Material: Anodized aluminum core, polycarbonate optical domes
- Suggested subject-to-holder buffer when filming: 3-4 feet